We’re all going on a summer holiday……!
The following are the ‘Top Tips’ for keeping your property secure over the summer:
- Always close and lock your windows and doors when leaving your property – even a small open window could entice a burglar.
- If you’re in your garden make sure the windows and doors at the front of your property are secure.
- Do not leave valuables on display through windows.
- Any car or house keys should be out of sight and some distance from a window or door.
- Ensure that any side entrance is secure, locked and not easy to climb over, even when you’re at home.
- If you want to leave windows open while you sleep, fit window restrictors so they cannot be fully opened.
- Consider installing a visible security light or alarm to deter criminals.
- If you’re going on holiday make arrangements to ensure that your house appears occupied whilst you’re away. Put your lights on a timer and ask a neighbour to come and pick up your mail and draw your curtains. Don’t advertise the fact you’re on holiday on social media.
For further information about Neighbourhood Watch, contact:
David Gresswell – Scheme Co-ordinator, Flackwell Heath
(Tel: 525019 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)